Qualify and accrue service credit
- Steps to DHOAS eligibility
- Qualifying period
- Service credit
- Service milestones and subsidy tier level
- Separation, medical/death, surviving partners
- Breaks in service/Rejoining ADF
- Important information – Reserve service
- Exemption from effective service
- Previous Subsidy Schemes – DHOS/DSH
Eligibility for DHOAS reflects the Scheme’s goal of promoting service recruitment and retention in the ADF.
To access DHOAS benefits you need to have completed the following service requirements, in addition to meeting the conditions of the Scheme:
- Active service within the last five years of applying for a DHOAS Subsidy Certificate
- A minimum qualifying period of effective service, followed by…
- Additional service to accrue entitlement to DHOAS, which is known as a service credit.
Click here for an overview of the steps involved in determining your eligibility and entitlement to DHOAS.
If you are or have been a Reservist, or you are transferring to the Reserves, please see Important Information – Reserves for a definition of effective Reserve service, under the DHOAS Act.